About Sheepskin Slippers SA
Making handcrafted sheepskin slippers started on a pineapple farm in the Eastern Cape, South Africa in 1999, where Founder, Hazel Hoole grew up. What started out as a hobby has become a popular product, not only in SA, but internationally as well.
About The Slippers
- Each slipper is handcrafted out of 100% genuine sheep wool / leather.
- Each piece of leather is carefully cut with scissors from a pattern, hole punched and neatly cross stitched with a neutral colour wax chord by hand.
- The wax chord colours could be white, black, grey, dark or tan brown, depending on what stock is available.
- Lastly, a 3 mm rubber sole is glued to each slipper with precision and care creating a warm and comfortable resting place for your feet.
- The wool is super soft, comfortable, does not scratch or get dirty too quickly.
- They can be washed, and last for years when treated with care.
- We do not use machines or synthetic fibre in our products.
About The Hide
Sheepskin Slippers SA source the best quality hides available from sheep farmers and tanneries across South Africa.
The hides go through a rigorous tanning process that involves washing, combing, dry-cleaning etc to bring them to their natural durability and soft fluffiness.
Like human hair, sheep wool varies in colour, texture and thickness. Because of this and the tanning process, slippers will vary, giving them that authentic, unique, natural, handcrafted look and feel.